CTI has been a leading AV provider for over 30 years. Since we began in 1988, our mission has been simple: to provide a fantastic customer experience.
At Conference Technologies, Inc., our biggest asset is our people, and we know that sometimes the most awesome employees don’t fit the typical mold. If you are hardworking, friendly, and know the importance of fantastic customer service, you could be a good fit at CTI. We have developed a collaborative and lively working environment, where the best and the brightest show up to work each day ready to have fun and employ their passion for and knowledge of technology into everything they do. This creative atmosphere helps us apply and share our skills with our clients, who seek quality, high-end AV and Conference Solutions.
So, what are we looking for?
We have expanded our business into the Security/Access Control Systems division and are looking for a Security/Access Control Lead Tech/Engineer for our Corporate branch whose attitude, skills, and work ethic will embody our mission “to provide a fantastic customer experience”. Somebody who is passionate about technology, a dynamic and highly organized self-starter, and isn’t afraid of rolling up their sleeves to get the job done on time. They can handle all aspects of successfully executing security integration projects but aren’t micro-managers. They know how to delegate responsibilities efficiently and their written and verbal communication skills are second to none. If this sounds like you, we will provide the necessary training, support, and work environment to help you succeed. We take pride in our employees, who are known in the industry as customer focused problem-solvers who can get the job done.
What are your responsibilities?
-Be involved in kick-off meetings discussing basic security/access control system design and specific client requests.
- Design security system integration based on client specifications and support new project build designs, and installation projects.
- Configure, administer, and Support the repair and maintenance of systems based on clients’ service agreement.
- Troubleshoot security systems and coordinate repairs of equipment and systems.
- Perform system quality checks, set up, and commissioning on-site.
- Develop and maintain relationships with security integrators and partner technology providers
- Use your hands-on field experience to effectively manage installations and vendor efforts
- Availability to travel is required.
Will you fit in?
-Our employees fearlessly embrace the company culture and applicants who merely want to punch in their timecards everyday are not what we are looking for.
-You can work independently with minimal guidance but aren’t afraid to ask the right questions when you need help.
-You have strong verbal and written communication skills and can be the face of our company to our clients.
Does experience count?
-Experience in designing, deploying, and servicing access control and video management systems.
-Attitude and aptitude are key. We need someone who is eager to learn and comes to work ready to tackle any situation.
-Good communication skills. You will be working and communicating with clients, and different departments within the company. Lines of communication must be clear, concise, and open, for the process to run smoothly.
- Experience working with data networks, IP video, and excellent troubleshooting skills- May plan schedules, design basic low voltage equipment installations, and assist in the start-up and check-out of new system installations.
- Create supporting solution design documentation (drawings, BOMs, solution design summaries)
- Provide pre-sales support for CTI Sales, Partners and Customers. Answer questions about overall applications or particular modules, utilizing subject matter experts as needed.
-Must have a valid driver's license and either a passport or be able to obtain a passport by the first 6 months of employment.
- Education: Vocational/Technical Degree in related electrical, mechanical, industrial field or the equivalent combination of education and related work experience. We consider your experience/skill level and what you bring to the table as an individual.
What’s in it for you?
At CTI, we know our company’s success is directly correlated to the success of our employees. So it’s fitting that we thrive on and encourage employee growth, both professionally and personally.
Our competitive compensation package includes:
-A competitive base salary (DOE)
-Employer matched medical and dental insurance (available after 60 days of employment)
-Employer matched 401K up to 3% (after 6 months of employment)
-Bonus eligibility that is based off a results-oriented incentive plan (after 6 months of employment)
-A graduated PTO program, all major holidays off, as well as three “floating” holidays, available upon first day of employment
-Special gifts for significant life events, such as marriage, the birth of a child, and buying a house.
-Cell phone reimbursement plan.
-Long and Short Term Disability 100% paid by CTI.
Conference Technologies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not and shall not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status in any of its activities or operations. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire