CTI has been a leading AV provider for over 30 years. Since we began in 1988, our mission has been simple: to provide a fantastic customer experience.
At Conference Technologies, Inc., our biggest asset is our people, and we know that sometimes the most awesome employees don’t fit the typical mold. If you are hardworking, friendly, and know the importance of fantastic customer service, you could be a good fit at CTI. We have developed a collaborative and lively working environment, where the best and the brightest show up to work each day ready to have fun, and employ their passion for and knowledge of technology into everything they do. This creative atmosphere helps us apply and share our skills with our clients, who seek quality, high-end AV and Conference Solutions.
So, what are we looking for?
We are looking for an experienced Live Events Sales and Inside Sales Support Specialist for our Detroit office whose attitude, skills, and work ethic will embody our mission “to provide a fantastic customer experience.” Our Inside Sales Support Specialists are sharp, organized, and friendly administrative professionals who work with our sales, technical, operations, warehouse, and accounting staff to help CTI meet our goal of selling, preparing, and carrying out a successful event and providing a fantastic customer experience. We are looking for somebody dependable, personable, and enthusiastic who embraces any challenges that come his or her way. If this sounds like you, we will provide the necessary training, support, and work environment to help you succeed. We take pride in our employees, who are known in the industry as customer focused problem-solvers who can get the job done.
These responsibilities will give you an idea, but not a full picture of what you will do as Live Events Sales and Inside Sales Support Specialist as we work to embrace and capitalize on our employee’s strengths:
- Daily interaction with high-level clients & executives, handling special requests as needed
- Work directly with the senior sales team to complete a sale.
- Maintain an accurate calendar and utilize time management
- Administrative support including filing, faxing and copying (delete this line)
- Work with Live Event sales staff to assist and meet customer needs
- Sourcing new sales opportunities and build a pipeline via inbound leads, cold calls, emails, site visits, and research of upcoming events.
- Research account to identify key players and generate interest
- Liaise with different internal departments to ensure client expectations and needs are met.
- Routing qualified opportunities to senior sales for further development and closure.
- Enter sales orders, prepare proposals, and manage CRM and other software to prepare a quote for customer
- Work with team to reserve, transfer, or locate equipment for an event.
- Work with operations team on scheduling the technical staff for an event.
- Order entry, processing, and tracking
-Update and finalize orders after the event and work with accounting to invoice.
-Sell and assist clients with equipment rental and production needs for an event
- General duties and tasks as assigned
Will you fit in?
-Our employees fearlessly embrace the company culture and applicants who merely want to punch in their timecards everyday are not what we are looking for.
-You can work independently with minimal guidance, but aren’t afraid to ask the right questions when you need help.
-You have strong verbal and written communication skills, and can be the face of our company to our clients.
Does experience count?
- Education: Associates degree is preferred, but not required. We take into account your experience/skill level and what you bring to the table as an individual.
-Sales Experience: We need someone who isn’t afraid to put themselves out there, someone who is willing to do what it takes to get the sale!
-Communication: Very important! You will be working and communicating with clients, and different departments within the company. Lines of communication must be clear, concise, and open, in order for the process to run smoothly.
- AV/IT Networking: Knowledge of the industry is preferred, as you will be selling our AV services to clients. However it is not required to get the job done.
-Customer Service Experience: A must! As you can see our customers are #1 and we need someone who can take care of them.
-Attitude and Aptitude: Are key! We need someone who is eager to learn and comes to work ready to tackle any situation.
What’s in it for you?
At CTI, we know our company’s success is directly correlated to the success of our employees. So it’s fitting that we thrive on and encourage employee growth, both professionally and personally.
Our competitive compensation package includes:
-A competitive base commission (DOE)
-Employer matched medical and dental insurance (available after 60 days of employment)
-Employer matched 401K up to 3% (after 6 months of employment)
-Bonus eligibility that is based off a results oriented incentive plan (after 6 months of employment)
-A graduated PTO program, all major holidays off, as well as three “floating” holidays, available upon first day of employment
-Special gifts for significant life events, such as marriage, the birth of a child, and buying a house.
-Cell phone reimbursement plan.
-Long and Short Term Disability 100% paid by CTI.
Conference Technologies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status in any of its activities or operations. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire