CTI has been a leading AV provider for over 30 years. Since we began in 1988, our mission has been simple: to provide a fantastic customer experience.
At Conference Technologies, Inc., our biggest asset is our people, and we know that sometimes the most awesome employees don’t fit the typical mold. If you are hardworking, friendly, and know the importance of fantastic customer service, you could be a good fit at CTI. We have developed a collaborative and lively working environment, where the best and the brightest show up to work each day ready to have fun, and employ their passion for and knowledge of technology into everything they do. This creative atmosphere helps us apply and share our skills with our clients, who seek quality, high-end AV and Conference Solutions.
So, what are we looking for?
We are looking for a Live Events Manager for our Detroit branch whose attitude, skills, and work ethic will embody our mission “to provide a fantastic customer experience.” Somebody who is passionate about AV, whether you are the go-to expert in your home, school, or church, and can always find a solution to any AV problem, or you are interested in working towards becoming that person, we will provide the necessary training, support, and work environment to help you succeed. We take pride in employees, who are known in the industry as customer focused problem-solvers who can get the job done.
What are your responsibilities?
- Lead and work with the production team to ensure that all clients receive equipment and technical support as needed while providing a fantastic customer experience.
- Provide support for productions and satellite locations as needed.
- Set-up and tear-down of audio visual equipment in conference center to include video, audio, lighting, staging, and other equipment for event productions.
- Maintain accurate inventory, suggest repairs, storage or replacement of equipment. Maintain all equipment and tracking of equipment location.
- Work closely with Live Event Sales team to determine client needs, set up and/or supervise the AV support during the events, delegate tasks as needed and build customer relationships to ensure repeat business.
- Check in rental returns, check for damage and proper operation, clean and return to storage.
-Assist with inventory control and warehouse management/organization.
- Other tasks as assigned
Will you fit in?
-Our employees fearlessly embrace the company culture and applicants who merely want to punch in their timecards everyday are not what we are looking for.
-You can work independently with minimal guidance, but aren’t afraid to ask the right questions when you need help.
-You have strong verbal and written communication skills, and can be the face of our company to our clients
Does experience count?
- Education: Associates degree is preferred, but not required. We take into account your experience/skill level and what you bring to the table as an individual.
-Customer Service Experience: A must! As you can see our customers are #1 and we need someone who can take care of them, and treat them as such.
-Attitude and Aptitude: Are key! We need someone who is eager to learn and comes to work ready to tackle any situation.
-AV/Live Event Experience: Knowledge of the industry is preferred. However, if you haven’t gotten the opportunity to gain much experience, but have a passion for Live Events within the AV industry and are driven to succeed, there could still be a place for you on our team.
What’s in it for you?
At CTI, we know our company’s success is directly correlated to the success of our employees. So it’s fitting that we thrive on and encourage employee growth, both professionally and personally.
Our competitive compensation package includes:
-A competitive base salary (DOE)
-Employer matched medical and dental insurance (available after 60 days of employment)
-Employer matched 401K up to 3% (after 6 months of employment)
-Bonus eligibility that is based off a results oriented incentive plan (after 6 months of employment)
-A graduated PTO program, all major holidays off, as well as three “floating” holidays, available upon first day of employment
-Special gifts for significant life events, such as marriage, the birth of a child, and buying a house.
-Cell phone reimbursement plan.
-Long and Short Term Disability 100% paid by CTI.
Conference Technologies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status in any of its activities or operations. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire